The Coggeshall Eye Centre
In light of the current escalating Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak we firstly hope that you are all safe and well. We wanted to update you on how we are operating during this emergency. The safety of our patients and staff are our first priority and for this reason we feel that we need to follow the governments advice and guidance on social distancing more stringently and therefore as of March 23rd we have taken the decision to close the store to all but urgent and emergency services.
What does this mean?
- The store will remain closed during the day, we will not allow entry except by appointment
- We will be available to take calls on Monday, Wednesday and Thursdays
- We will accept damaged or broken spectacles for repair or replacement, please put your name and contact details on a piece of paper and wrap your spectacles in this and drop through the letterbox and we will contact you to discuss what we can do.
- If you usually purchase your contact lenses through us we can provide more lenses through the post, if you are due for an aftercare we will provide replacement lenses for up to 3 months if you are not experiencing and problems with your lenses
- If you have broken your spectacles beyond repair we can arrange a replacement service and we will contact you to discuss this. We will only replace spectacles to the current prescription
- If you have an urgent eye problem please call the practice on 01376 337242. (If you are currently under the care of an Eye Hospital we request you contact the eye clinic in the first instance).
We will be reviewing this policy on an ongoing basis together with current government advice and as soon as is feasible and safe to do so we will resume normal service. In the meantime stay safe and well and at home.
About 10 years ago, Martyn our Dispensing Optician , was stung badly by a Purple-Stinger Jellyfish, whilst swimming off the coast of Ibiza . From then on, he has armed himself with a decent pair of Polarised sunglasses and become the ‘Chief Jellyfish Watcher’ on all subsequent holidays. By eliminating the reflections on the water, with the special lenses, you can actually see a few feet into the clear sea and avoid the dreaded stingers , whilst also being able to see the lovelier aquatic life.
Martyn, also keeps a pair of Polarising Sunnies in the car, often relying on them to prevent headaches and hazardous glare, when the sun miraculously emerges.
So if you would like to have high contrast, perfect, glare-free vision then pop in and see us. We have our new 2018 range of Polarising and Prescription Sunglasses in stock for you to try . We hope to see you in store soon.
A news report today from the Macular Society showing the promising results obtained from a study into new stem cell treatment for age related macular degeneration. The study is published in Nature Biotech.
We are pleased to announce the launch of our new optical frame brand Stepper in store. Since 1970 they have been at the forefront of creating comfortable, well-fitting quality frames. Using mainly Titanium, their frames are light, durable and flexible. They really are a quality brand and we are so happy to bring them to our customers. Come in and see our selection next time you are in town.
February is here,and the start of lighter evenings . Our clinics are filling up nicely and thoughts of Spring windows are on our minds. We have been having lots of visits from our Frame Reps ,showing us all the new, lovely frames they have to offer . It seems Navy is the new Black, sparkle is in (like it was ever out), and round is the new square . Keep a look out for all our new frames over the coming month, with new brands being added to our collection .
In the meantime, if you would love to bag a bargain , its your last chance to grab something in our half price frame sale. The sale ends this Saturday ,10th February, so make sure you pop in to see whats available.
We look forward to seeing you in store soon.
So the festive period is over . What better way to beat those January blues than with a sale . Our 50% off frame sale, including sunglasses , starts Saturday 6th January . There is something for everyone and includes Designers such as Cocoa Mint , Joules , Jenson , Superdry and many more. So pop in and see us and bag yourself a bargain . We are open 9.30 – 2pm tomorrow . We look forward to seeing you in store .
Well what a busy week ! Lots of eye tests,happy patients and new Christmas windows. We have entered into our lovely town of Coggeshall’s Christmas window competition. To go along with our town the theme is Medieval,which is not easy in an Opticians (don’t think Opticians were around then ).So decided to go with a nod to it, by using natural decorations and medieval colours . Lots of painting and reef making later and voila all done . Hope our customers and the judges like them .
Come and join us on Saturday 30th September for our fabulous Macmillan Coffee Morning. The fun starts at 10.30am. Hope you can join us to raise some cash for a worthy cause and for some lovely cake .
50% off all Radley Sunglasses
50% OFF ALL RADLEY SUNGLASSES